SOME IMPORTANT STEPS BEFORE GOING TO SSB
BE PREPARED TO FACE MEDICAL BOARDYou must check following before going for SSB:
1. Height, Weight & Chest: All the required parameters of height, weight and chest are prescribed separately for male and female candidates. You are advised to check your physical parameters accordingly. For more details Click Help
Note: Chest should be well formed and No deformity like pigeon chest should be there and expansion should be minimum 5cm.
2. Ears: Get your ears cleaned and remove the wax. Get your ears checked for any perforations. You should not have any Hearing loss. One should hear a whisper at 600cms.
3. Nose: Check your nose for DNS and get it corrected if a DNS is noticed. There should be NO PERFORATION in septum.
4. Dental points:• A minimum of 14 dental points are required.
• There should be NO CAVITY.
• Get cavities permanently filled before medical
• Your gums should be healthy.
• Pyorrhea is a cause of rejection, so get it treated.
5. Tounge: Clean tounge and remove any coatings to avoid foul breath.6. Tonsils: Should not be enlarged or be septic.7. Heart & Chest: There should be
• No Murmur.
• No Adventitious Sound in Heart/Chest
• No Congenial Heart Disease
• Normal Breathing Sound & Rhythm
• No Ranch/Crepts
• BP /120 / 80 mm of Hg.
8. Abdominal Area• Liver should not be enlarged
• No access fat on liver
• Gall Bladder & Spleen should not the palpable.
• No stones in Kidney, Ureter & Bladder
9. Stomach & Duodenum and Intestines• Active ulcers, congenial abnormalities and Gastritis
• Inflametory Bowel diseases
• Intestine malabsorption syndrome.
• Hepato-pancreato-Biliary tract.
• Viral hepatitis
• Persistent Anal Fissures & prolapses
10. Blood• Anemia
• Hemorrhagic Disorder
• Imuno deficiency
11. Hands:• No Sweaty Hand
• No tremors
• No deformity of fingers (Six fingers not allowed)
• No Cubitus valgus
• Any Fractures should have been treated and properly aligned.
• No RODS/ PLATES should be left in the body.
• Load bearing Angle should be checked.12. Legs:• No Knock knee
• No flat feet
• No sweaty feet
• No varicose veins
FOR PILOT: Lay length – 99 – 120 cm
Thigh length – less than 64 cm
Sitting length – 81.5 – 96cms13. Eyes:• Should be white
• Should move in all directions
• No Squint
• No colour or Night Blindness
• 6/6 vision Without glasses, if glasses
o NDA – upto 2.5 Myopia
o CDS – upto 3.5 Myopia
• For laser/ lasile treatment in case of CDS only is permitted with same conditions. For more 14. Male Organs:• No Hernia – If operated, there should be 1 year gap.
details look into the NOTIFICATION of your entry.
• No Hydrocele
• No Varicocele
• No Phimosis
• Scrotum should have two testes, if one, thee get ultrasound done to locate the second
• No Piles
15. Females:• Breasts should be well developed.
• No nodules/ Fibroadenom
• Regular Periods
• No menorrhagia/ Oligomenorrhoea/ Amenorrhea
• Ovaries in good condition
It is Advisable to get your medical examination done well in advance as most of the above problems can be correctable and once attended to, will avoid temporary/Permanant Medical Rejection.
No of comments [ 3630 ]