>> TIPS FOR WRITE GOOD STORY
In common terminology it is a story writing test. A candidate is shown a picture and he has to write a story on the picture. (In fact, there are 12 pictures including or excluding a blank picture). This test is based on the details of the pictures shown. A lot of details are created by a candidate on the basis of his own imagination. A problem, a difficult situation/ aim is visualized by a candidate and then the same is sorted out systematically by the central character (Hero) with or without the help of others. (But preferably with a group). Steps or action is taken by the central character to sort out the problem so visualized. It enables a candidate to show what he/she is. The hero/heroine represents the candidate as he/she is roughly of the same age and exactly of the sex as the candidate is. This test is generally given and interpreted by trained psychologists.
THE STORY ENCOMPASSES:-
What was the back ground, i.e. what resulted into the situation shown in the picture. What was the situation like (as shown in the picture)And what it led to (conclusive manner in which the central character reacted to solve the situation by interpretting the details shown in the picture). This is indirect projection of the candidate personality through the hero/heroine created through imagination by the candidate.
What is essential for a good story
• It is written in the past tense only to ensure that action was in fact taken by the hero/heroine
who represents the candidate.
• The hero/heroine is given a name, which is different in different stories.
• Do not create a story leading to the life in army, navy and air force etc. unless the picture
shown suggests it.
• Always create risks and adventures which involve the Hero. But he/she is not shown as super-
• That the main character is methodical, plans his/her actions and executes them to achieve
what he/she wants to.
• Is ultimately successful in achieving what his/her aim is. He/she doesn’t leave things half-done.
FOR SOME EXAMPLE click here
No of comments [ 3240 ]