Conference, in general, is a meeting of people where they exchange their views on a particular topic. At the Services Selection Boards the Conference is held on the fifth day. In the conference all assessors, the Psychologists, Group Testing Officers, the Interviewing officers and the President of the Selection Board sit together. The serving officers are found wearing their service uniform. This is the only occasion when you can see them in their uniform. In the conference they discuss each candidate’s performance during the preceding five days and decide whether he can be recommended by the Board for further selection.
Candidates are called in the conference Hall, one by one according to their chest numbers, and asked a few questions. Generally, it takes 1-2 minutes for each Conference, in general, is a meeting of people in which they exchange their views on a particular topic. At the Services Selection Boards (SSBs), a conference is held on the 5th day of a candidate’s interview.
In the Conference all assessors, the Psychologists, Group testing officers (GTOs), Interview Officers and the President of the Selection Board sit together. The serving officers attend the conference in their service uniform. This candidate; but in certain cases, when the board finds a candidate is a border liner and they need to confirm their findings, additional questions are asked which may take 10-12 minutes.
ADVICE FOR CONFERENCE
1. Wear a neat dress suitable for the conference that you may decide in advance.
2. Don’t forget to wear your chest number properly.
3. You must be confident and should not be nervous while in conference.
4. As you enter the conference hall, wish the persons according to the time of the day (Generally Good
5. You must enter the conference hall and leave when instructed by the president gently, without
banging the door.
6. Don’t take conference casually; the final decision about the recommendation of each candidate is
taken in the conference. Answer all questions seriously and to the best of your ability.